This is a dish for 2 persons, so about 1.5kg per head. We're big mussels eaters but you can count about 1kg. per person normally!
Estimated preparing time: 30 minutes
- 3kg. of mussels
- a big glass of dry white wine, +/- 20dl
- 2 big onions, cut in rings
- 3 celery stalks, chopped roughly
- 2 carrots, chopped in thin rounds
- 1/2 bush of flat parsley, chopped up
- 2 chillis, chopped finely and deseeded
- a pinch of dried chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 spring onions, chopped roughly
- handfull of cilantro, chopped finely Keep this aside together with the spring onions
Prepare the mussels in 2 pots, so divide them in 1.5kg servings. Divide the greens and wine in 2 equal amounts.
heat up some olive oil in the pots and throw in the onions, carrots, celery, parsley and chillis.