Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 whole fennel, chopped roughly into fine parts
- 5-6 chipolata sausages ( small sausages, try to find the ones that have plenty of herbs), chop them in small bits
- 100gr. of pancetta
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomatoe puree
- a handfull of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- a handfull of chopped fresh sage
- a tbsp.of dried oregano
- some olive oil
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat up some olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped panceta and let it bake slightly crispy. Then add the sausages and let them brown firmly on all sides.
Take the pancetta and sausages out of the pan,keep aside-add some more olive oil if needed- and add the onions and garlic and fry them for a minute or 2.
Throw in the chopped fennel with the chopped sage, let it feel the heat for 2 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes and a splash of balsamic vinegar and let it cook out while you scrape the bottom of the pan.
Add the can of tomatoes together with the tomatoe puree and the oregano. Season with pepper and salt, bring to a slight boil and let it cook/reduce while you boil the pasta, +/- 8-10 minutes.
When the pasta is al dente you can add it to the sauce together with a few spoons of the pasta water.
Tear up some basil leaves, add it to the pan and stirr well.
Serve in a deep pasta dish with some grated parmesan on top and.....